This delicious, nutritious and perfectly bariatric friendly recipe is high in good quality protein and all good carbs, just what we like!
- 12 leftover crock pot turkey meatballs and sauce (1/2 batch)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (8 oz each) zucchinis, cut into long julienne strips (with a mandolin or spiralizer)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Make the meatballs in the crock pot according to directions here.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot add the oil, onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the zucchini, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook about 1 minute. Give it a stir to mix everything around and cook another 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through yet firm.
- Divide the zucchini between 3 bowls and top with 4 meatballs and sauce, add some grated cheese and enjoy!
- Servings: 3
- Serving Size: 1 cup zoodles, 4 meatballs
- Calories: 325
- Protein: 25 grams
- Carbs: 25 grams
- Fat: 15 grams