We love this delicious holiday recipe because you can modify the ingredients to make it bariatric friendly!
Layer hard boiled eggs, chicken, turkey, tomatoes and avocado or use turkey bacon, add cucumbers, carrots, whatever you like…Delicious and beautiful!!
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head of Boston lettuce (or Iceberg), coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Arrange chopped lettuce on the bottom of a large platter.
- Layer the chicken, bacon, tomato, egg and avocado in neat rows over the greens.
- Top with your favorite dressing, or try this tomato vinaigrette (extra)….
RED WINE TOMATO VINAIGRETTE
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- Chop tomato in food processor. Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until smooth. Add chopped shallot and mix to blend. Set aside to allow the flavors to blend well.
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 141.9
- Protein: 11.0 grams
- Carbs: 5.2 grams
- Fat: 9.3 grams
- Servings: 8 • Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 50.8
- Protein: 0.2 grams
- Carbs: 1.3 grams
- Fat: 5.1grams